What are the emergency numbers?
After-hours maintenance: 972.426.9555
How do I set up my utilities?
The following companies provide service to The Brickyard:
- Water: Don't worry - we set that up for you!
- Electric: Our preferred electricity provider is Reliant Energy - 1-855-353-7736. Mention PROMO CODE: MF2791 to receive our resident special.
- TV, Phone & Internet: AT&T provides phone, internet & Uverse to The Brickyard. Call 877-910-0501 or visit www.att.com/uverseconnect to get service.
Did I hear that right? Will YOU pay me to pick my neighbors?
Yes! We would love to have your friends and family join our community. Current residents who refer a friend receive a $250 rent credit after move-in. Ask any of our leasing agents for details on this program.
Please tell me there is free wireless at The Brickyard.
Of course we won’t leave you hanging when it comes to staying connected. The Brickyard offers free WiFi at our indoor and outdoor community areas including The Firehouse leasing center and clubroom, The Boiler Room fitness center and Artesian Station surrounding the pool.
How do I stay updated on events and happenings around The Brickyard?
Being social at The Brickyard means more than just sharing our handles. It means creating connections with residents and giving people avenues to meet real live folks face to face! We also love social media as much as the next guy, so here are a few ways to keep up to date on our latest events: Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, or visit our Events Calendar.
Can I bring pets?
Yes, we are pet friendly! We accept dogs (certain breed restrictions apply) and cats. You are limited to 2 total per apartment, and a pet deposit and certain pet rules apply. Click here for the full scoop on pets.
What does it mean that The Brickyard is a non-smoking community?
The Brickyard is proud to be a smoke-free community. This means that all of our common areas – indoors and outdoors – as well as ALL apartment and townhome interiors are non-smoking, creating a healthy and clean community for our current and future residents. We hope this helps you breathe a little easier about your choice to live at The Brickyard.
Can you help me stay true to my green roots?
We’re doing what we can with a community-wide recycling program for all residents who want to participate. Our door-to-door valet trash service will pick up your trash and recycling at designated times Sunday – Thursday. There are blue recycling bags available at The Brickyard leasing center that you can leave out with your other waste. Or you can purchase your own recycling trash bags from the local market – Glad®, Hefty® and Husky® each have their own options.
Are there any tips to save energy?
We’ve built The Brickyard with energy conservation in mind. But here are a few ideas you can implement into your daily living to help save on utility bills and conserve energy:
- We have installed Compact Fluorescent Lighting in your home. When replacing bulbs, be sure to use CFLs. They use 20 percent of the electricity and last 10 times longer.
- With compact fluorescent bulbs, it is best to only turn off lights if you will not be using them for more than 10 or 15 minutes. Constantly turning on and off compact fluorescent lights will significantly reduce bulb life.
- Reduce the wattage of incandescent bulbs in frequently used areas.
- Save considerable energy by turning your Air Conditioning to a warmer temperature in the summer when you are not at home, and turning the heater down in the winter.
- During the summer months, set your thermostat at the highest comfortable setting. We recommend a setting of 78-80. You can save 7 to 10% on your cooling costs for each degree above 78.
- During the winter months, set your thermostat at the lowest comfortable setting. We recommend a setting of 68-70. You can save 7 to 10% on your heating costs for each degree below 70.
- Use ceiling or portable fans to supplement your air conditioning in occupied rooms. Replace filters monthly and do not block registers and return vents with furniture or drapes.
- Use flat bottom pans that match the size of your stove burners. Clean the oven when it’s still warm from cooking.
- Use a microwave oven when it will work just as well as another method.
- Run appliances like the dishwasher and washer/dryer only when full.
- Turn off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Turn off/unplug all small electrical equipment, such as radios, gaming stations or TVs when not in use.
- Turn off the lights when leaving an empty room.
- Close your blinds during the day.
- Turn down your hot water heater.
- If you have a fireplace, close the damper when not in use.